Vilanant is located in the midle of Empordà, a plain bordering the Costa Brava and the Pyrenees.
Vilanant's landscape it's very various: on the one hand, there is the particular place called Garriga d'Emporda, characterized by dry stone architecture; on the other, there is the place of lush river valley Manol, which include the Torre dels Moros del castell d'Escaldes and the Can Nebot's fountain.
Places to visit:
- Romanesque church of Santa Maria
- El Trull del Fuster (oil mill)
- House-museum of the painter Joan Sibecas
Parties and celebrations:
- 15 May, San Isidro: Flower Fair
- August 15, Santa Maria: Festival